Professor Spencer seeks to to develop novel optical imaging and sensing systems for applications in tissue regeneration, transplantation, and cancer.
Current Research Topics:
- investigating new ways to image the thymus in live mice with subcellular resolution
- developing faster oxygen sensing methods for in vivo applications
- applying whole tissue imaging methods for studying immune reconstitution
- developing imaging assays for regenerative medicine and other applications
- Ph.D., 2012 – Tufts University; biomedical engineering
- B.S., 2002 – UC Irvine; biological sciences