New MSE Minor starts Fall 2021!
The Materials Science & Engineering (MSE) faculty are excited to announce this new opportunity for students to choose an MSE minor, starting in the Fall of 2021!
The Academic Senate and Provost have approved a new MSE minor starting this Fall 2021. Keep in mind that while the MSE minor will appear in the 2022-23 catalog, it is active for enrollment this academic year 2021-22.
The new minor is the first, and currently only, engineering minor offered at UC Merced; it is open to students in all three Schools who meet the prerequisites for the 20 required units.
Check out the Materials Sciences and Engineering courses.
Lower Division MSE Course [4 units]
- ENGR 045: Introduction to Materials II [4 units]
Upper Division MSE Courses [8 units]
- MSE 109: Materials Thermodynamics [4 units]
- MSE 111: Materials Kinetics and Processing [4 units]
Additional Upper Division MSE Courses [6-8 units]
- Any two additional upper division MSE courses, other than research and independent study, each worth at least 3 units.
- Graduate level MSE courses may be substituted with instructor approval.
- Courses may be selected from both the core required courses for an MSE major and any course allowed as an elective for an MSE major.
- For questions about the new minor, contact Professor Christopher Viney (email@example.com) or Professor Sarah Kurtz (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For questions on enrollment, contact your School of Engineering advisors at email@example.com.
Return to the Materials Science and Engineering Major page