Professor Subramaniam seeks to understand the fundamental physicochemical mechanisms that govern the assembly and function of biomembranes. His lab group combines experimental tools from soft matter physics, chemistry, and molecular biology to tackle cutting-edge challenges in biomembrane engineering and bottom-up synthetic biology.
Current Research Topics:
- developing methods for high throughput fabrication of semi-synthetic cells
- developing cost effective vesicle-based therapeutics and diagnostics to improve public health
- Ph.D. – 2011, Harvard University
- S.M – 2011, Harvard University
- A.B. – 2005, Harvard University