Computer Science and Engineering Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Computer Science and Engineering program at UC Merced will possess:
- Ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline
- Ability to analyze a problem and identify the computing requirements appropriate for its solution; ability to design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component or program to meet desired needs
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a team to accomplish a common goal
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society
- Recognition of the need for and ability to engage in continuing professional development
- Ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles and computer science theory to the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices
- Ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity
Visit the Registrar office for the latest catalog and School of Engineering courses.
Computer Science and Engineering Faculty
For a listing of the School of Engineering Computer Science and Engineering faculty.