The Associated Students of UC Merced (ASUCM) Sustainability Council will host UC Merced Sustainability Week Oct. 23-27, during national Campus Sustainability Month.
An entire week of events will celebrate the campus’s sustainability efforts and help raise awareness.
- Eco Movie Night — 8-10 p.m. Monday, Oct. 23, in Classroom and Office Building 1, Room 102
Come watch "The Lorax" with the ASUCM Sustainability Council to kick off Sustainability Week. Popcorn and drinks will be provided.
- Zero Waste Event Training — 1:30-3:30 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 24, in the Bobcat Lair (Kolligian Library, Room 169)
Does your department or organization host events? Join the ASUCM Sustainability Council and learn how to make your events sustainable and green-seal certified. Pizza and drinks will be provided. RSVP to Amandip Singh, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Campus Tours — 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 25.
Learn about the campus’s commitment to sustainability by touring the Merced Vernal Pools and Grassland Reserve, the Corporation Yard, Central Plant and the solar array. If you are interested in attending one or more tours, email email@example.com to reserve your spot.
- Eco Fest — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 26, on Scholars Lane.
View some of the projects that sustainable organizations are working on and get information on how to be a more sustainable Bobcat. There will also be food and prizes.
- Sustainability Career Panel — noon to 2 p.m. Friday, Oct. 27, in the Social Sciences and Management Building, Room 104
Do you have an interest in pursuing a career in sustainability? Come hear from alumni, and staff and faculty members about their journey in their sustainability related careers. Donuts and coffee will be provided. RSVP is required to Amandip Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about UC Merced Sustainability Week, contact ASUCM Commissioner of Sustainability Amandip Singh.