Terms and Conditions
To reserve a room in the Science & Engineering Building 2 (SE2) or Social Sciences Management Building (SSM230/235), please complete our Room Reservation Form.
By reserving a room in SE2, you are hereby agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions.
Reservations must be reviewed and approved before the room is scheduled. Upon approval, you will receive an emailed calendar invite confirming your reservation.
- Room Hours: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm, Monday - Friday. Users wishing to use the rooms beyond these hours must notify the Dean's office for authorization. Please also make arrangements to ensure you have continued access to the rooms after work hours (the Dean's suite closes at 5PM).
- Advance Reservation: Please request conference room reservations at least 24 hours prior to date/time needed.
- Room Access: Come to the School of Engineering, SE2-315, to trade your Cat Card/ID for the conference room access card.
- Keep Conference Rooms Clean and Orderly: All materials including TRASH and FOOD must be REMOVED when the room is vacated. DO NOT OBSTRUCT THE LOWERING OR ELEVATION OF THE BLINDS IN THE CONFERENCE ROOMS WITH ANY OBJECTS (be sure trash cans, chairs, etc. are clear of the blinds when they lower), as obstruction may result in costly damage to the blinds.
- Keep Room Equipment Intact: Any equipment in the room including lectern components, remote controls, cables, and projector and computer hardware must not be removed, reconfigured, tampered with, or damaged in any way. Projectors must be turned off when not in use.
- Dean's Discretion (SE2-324, 302 and 224): The School of Engineering Dean’s Suite reserves the right to change/cancel room reservations in SE2-324, SE2-302, SE2-224 for the Dean’s and/or special faculty use (i.e. Faculty Meeting; Faculty Recruitment). If your event is cancelled due to an event that takes precedence, you will need to arrange for an alternative venue.
- If a room is booked in SE2-302, priority will be given to faculty seminars during the recruitment season, engineering faculty hosted seminars, or meetings requiring the use of videoconferencing.
- The Dean’s Conference room SE2-324 is reserved for the Dean’s use.
- Reservation Duration:
- Room reservations in excess of 2 hour increments will require additional justification.
- Recurring/series request should be kept within one hour duration.
- No daily room reservations will be allowed.
- Reservations can only be made for the current semester.
- Appropriate Purpose:
- SE2 Conference rooms may NOT be used for academic courses or course-related room needs (i.e. office hours, final exams, lectures/make-up class sessions, discussions, labs etc should be coordinated via the Registrar's Office ). Please contact your respective Academic Support Manager for such room requests. School of Engineering contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seminar Series associated with a seminar class are scheduled through the Registrar's Office and will not be held in SE2 conference rooms.
- Graduate program seminars and hosted meetings must be coordinated through the Graduate Program Chairs (or designate).
- Other faculty hosted seminars will be scheduled on an as available basis and may be subject to change due to faculty recruitment (i.e., SE2-302) or Dean's priority (i.e., SE2-324 and SE2-224).
- Graduate lab meetings can be reserved for a maximum of one (1) hour per week (priority will be provided to Eng faculty and SNS faculty residing in SE2).
- Events Coordination: For official school events requests, room reservations should be coordinated through the school's events unit.
- Student Organization: If your event is for a student organization, we recommend that your group consider booking rooms in the library conference rooms and/or that requests go through the unit that oversees your student organization. Please note that we are not able to accommodate student group requests for recurring semester-long reservations.
- Changes/Cancellation Notification: For any changes, cancellations, room logistics, or questions concerning reservations, please contact the SoE front desk at email@example.com. Please do not hold on to room reservations as this will impact your colleagues' fair use of the rooms.
If you are not able to find a suitable conference room to meet your needs in Science and Engineering Building 2, additional options are available at:
Conference Rooms Specification & Contacts: rooms.ucmerced.edu | Classrooms: Registrar's Classrooms Reservations Portal
To Report any Issues regarding conference rooms, please call 209-228-4411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.